Kolok Kravings with Maggi Mi Kolo

Posted by Nadia on Wednesday, December 16, 2015. Filed under: , ,

As a person with a Sarawakian tongue not living anywhere in Sarawak, there's a constant craving for Mee Kolok and Laksa Sarawak. I've tried making Laksa Sarawak once - tasted alright, and also tried making Mee Kolok - tasted good but not great. I'm still searching for recipes I could try and feel hopeful that it would taste as authentic as possible (or at least taste very very good lah).


In the mean time, Maggi now makes Mee Kolok! Or as they say it on the packaging - Maggi BIG Kombo 2 in 1, Mi Kolo. I just have to try!


Say hello to my dinner. It still looks very "Maggi Mee" though.


And tasted very Maggi Mee, actually. I liked the taste and soup was nice but it was not Mee Kolok. It was not even near. Maybe I needed the condiments at pictured?

For those who don't mind that this doesn't really taste like Mee Kolok, it is still a nice flavour. I would still eat this but not to satisfy any Kolok Kravings.

So far we have discovered a place that serves really good Laksa Sarawak at City Mall's food court. But none for Mee Kolok. If you have any places to recommend with good Sarawakian food here in Kota Kinabalu, do leave a comment and I'll definitely check it out!

2 Responses to Kolok Kravings with Maggi Mi Kolo

  1. Unknown

    At sg besi we have great mee kolok . The shop is below the parking lot opposite to lrt sg besi. Dun forget to try. :)

  2. Assamarqandi Lee

    where to buy this maggi mee kolo??

Leave a Reply