What I like about Christmas

Posted by Nadia on Friday, December 25, 2015. Filed under: , ,


I like everything Commercial about Christmas. 

Growing up in KK and spending a few years in Miri, it’s like a huge salad bowl here. We are made up of so many races with different religions yet as cliché as this might sound, we live in peace and harmony – full of respect towards each other’s believes. And with festive seasons all year round, we get to celebrate together, in the spirit of being together.

So what do I like about Christmas?

1. Good Movies on TV
For real. They show all this good TV shows and movies around Christmas time. The channels would show Christmas special TV Shows or this is the time we get to watch all time classic movies like Home Alone. Disney Junior has been airing all princesses movies and I get to watch it with my daughter! I have forgotten most of the storylines so it was great to watch it all over again (can’t believe John Smith left Pocahontas in the end). 

2. Deco
I prefer the white Christmas theme - all snowy. There's something so magical about it! Snowflakes are just super pretty. All the malls in KK are going all out in Christmas deco with the trees, presents, santas, snowman, everything! Everything is bright with lights.  

3. Christmas Pop Songs
Not gospels. Commercial “I wana be with someone on Christmas” kinda songs – before you bash me up. Noticed how Christmas pop songs are always so cheerful and upbeat? They’re happy that Santa Claus is coming to town!

4. Tons of parking space at the office & no jams going to work
Well, not exactly because of Christmas. But it always happens at the end of the year. Everyone would usually extend their Christmas holidays all the way to New Year. Thanks to that, soooo many parking spots even though it’s 5 minutes to 8am.

5. Massive Sale everywhere: Online and Off!
'Tis the season to shop shop shop. I've been receiving tons of emails with SALE as titles - so difficult to say no to, and so difficult to ignore. 

And that's some of the things I like about this particular festive season. Wishing everyone who celebrates, a joyful day!

No Responses to What I like about Christmas

Leave a Reply